Self Service Password Recovery
The IT Support department have implemented a solution, to provide a “self-service password management facility” for registered students. This facility is available regardless of location, all that is required is access to the internet. The solution allows users to reset forgotten passwords or to change their ITB network login password.
You cannot recover a password if you have not enroled on the service.
How To Enrol on the System as a Student
Prerequisite to Enrolment.
The password recovery service is available to all ITB registered students who have network login entitlements.
The requirements to access and complete the registration process are outlined below:
- Possess a valid ITB network Login account.
- Have access to a computer with an internet connection or have access to an ITB PC.
- The user’s computer must have Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later installed.
To Enrol/Register On The System.
The users login credentials must be valid(i.e. not locked out or the account disabled)
The Enrolment URL is: https://register.itb.ie
Once access is gained to the system via the web link, the system will present a dialog box requesting a username password combination. At this point the user should enter their normal network login credentials. Please note students must use the campus\studentnumber method of login e.g. campus\B00000000
Once logged in follow the on screen instructions to associate your mobile phone number to your network account. This is required because once a reset is requested a verification code is sent by SMS to your mobile phone.
How To Recover
The password Recovery Centre https://password.itb.ie is an anonymous web page that you can browse to if you forget your password or want to reset your password before it expires.
When a user logs in a security verification code will be sent to your mobile phone, this will allow you to reset your password.
SMS Password Recovery
We’re pleased to announce a new, extra Password reset system for ITB student accounts in conjunction with the Student Information Desk (SID). This will facilitate the resetting of passwords when off campus on a trial basis
How the system works:
If you are off campus and need your ITB Computer Account password reset then:
- Call 1518 415090
- You will hear a voice greeting which will ask you to leave a message containing your student number and mobile number.
- The student number must be your student number only, as per your student card issued by ITB.
- The mobile number must be the same as the one you provided to ITB in the past. If ITB does not have your mobile number or it has changed please update it by going to the SID desk and inform staff of the correct number. This is the number to which your new password will be sent by SMS, if you decide to avail of this facility.
- Once the message has been captured by the system it will enter a queue where SID staff will attend to your request. Please note that this facility works from 9AM to 5PM only Monday to Friday. Please allow time for the request to be processed when calling.
- SID staff will:
- Check you’re the supplied student number and mobile number against the information held on file.
- The password change request will not be processed if the supplied data does not match the data on file. However, the call will be charged at €3.00 per password reset request.
- SID staff will then send a new password back to your mobile by SMS. Please allow 72 hours for receipt of SMS.
- Each call costs 3 Euro. Calls from mobile cost more. SP Phonovation Ltd. Helpline 0818 217 100
- Please note that the usual password recovery system will still be available at: http://www.itb.ie/CurrentStudents/passwordrecovery.html and students are encouraged to use it.
- Please consult the terms and conditions for further information.
- All queries on the operation of the system should be directed to Phonovation at: http://www.phonovation.com/
By accessing these Password Reset Services, provided by Phonovation, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
- The service charge is set at €3.00 non-refundable.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that all details you provide are correct. If you do not provide the correct details processing will be terminated. We will do everything we reasonably can to rectify any errors, but we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by error or inaccuracies in your requests. Furthermore we shall not be liable for any loss damage, cost or expense suffered by you or any party as a result of any such delay or failure in processing such request.
- You are required to ensure that the Institute’s SID desk is notified should your mobile telephone number change. Please update your mobile number at the SID desk.
- If the details provided by you are incorrect, ITB will not be liable for non-execution or defective execution of the Password reset service.
- With a view to above, your attention is drawn to the fact that all telephone calls to this service are recorded to protect both your and our interests in the event of a dispute. Recordings are retained for sixty days only.
- New passwords will only be sent, by SMS to the requested mobile number, if the supplied information matches the data held on file.
- The response service is available Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 only.
- You will receive a text message normally within twenty-four hours of the request (Monday to Friday)
- No refunds will be provided for calls to the system.
- Please ensure that you have the bill payer’s permission before using this service.
- All queries must be directed to the Phonovation service number provided.
- No follow up marketing will ensue from using this system
- This is not a subscription service.
“System”, refers to the call handling IVR provided by Phonovation
“Student”, refers to ITB Student
“Student Number”, refers to the student number assigned to the ITB Student and can be found on the student card
“ITB File systems”, refers to system used to hold student records by ITB.
How To Enrol On The System as Staff
To change password or to Enrol on the system, the user must navigate to https://audi.itb.ie/adselfservice/adpassword
By Clicking on the MyQuestions icon users can Enrol on the system. Upon completion of the Enrolment process the user must define the questions, which may at a future date provide access to the password change facility. The following criteria are required:
- The user must provide answers to two preset questions defined by the administrator.
- The user must select four user defined questions and to provide an unique answer to each question.
- The user must provide a ‘user generated question and answer’
- Answers must have a minimum length of three characters.
Users can click on the MyPassword icon if they wish to change their current password before it is due to expire.
The Password Recovery Centre ( https://audi.itb.ie/adselfservice/recoverycenter ) is an anonymous web page that users can browse to if they forget their password or their account becomes locked out. From this interface, users may reset their password or unlock their account by answering the previously defined Challenge Questions. Users are required to answer all questions correctly, prior to resetting a forgotten password.
Password Recovery Process
To recover a forgotten / locked out password (user must have previously Enroled on system):
- Navigate to https://audi.itb.ie/adselfservice/recoverycenter
- Select the “Recover Your Account” button.
- Select the “I Agree” button after you have read, understood and agree with the displayed disclaimer message.
- Select the “NT4 Style with Domain List” option button and enter your normal ITB network logon. E.g. John Doe. Remember to select the appropriate domain to which you would normally log on to when within the campus. E.g. ITB for staff . Select the “Submit” button
- Ensure that you provide correct answers to all questions and select “Submit”
- If the provided answers are correct, the system offers a prompt to enter a new password. Upon selecting the “Change Password” button the system resets the users password.